All applicants must complete and sign a Rosenberg Library Application for Employment which can be accessed from the Application links below. Application must be submitted online.
Salary Range: Minimum $41,671 D.O.Q. / 40 hours per week; Excellent fringe benefits
Terms of Employment: Full Time
Date Available: Immediately
Rosenberg Library seeks a friendly, enthusiastic librarian to be part of the children’s services team dedicated to providing exemplary library resources. The ideal candidate would have organizational skills, Microsoft Office and general computer skills, be approachable and willing to go the extra mile. Ability to be flexible in terms of attitude and job duties. Must enjoy working with the public. Working in conjunction with the Children’s Services Manager the children’s librarian will:
- Organize, plan, and implement age-appropriate programs including the Summer Reading Club.
- Provide readers’ advisory and reference services.
- Oversee children’s computer lab; offer suggestions for full utilization of technical/computer resources.
- Create eye-catching brochures, flyers, press releases to publicize activities.
- Represent Rosenberg Library in outreach opportunities.
- Collection development responsibilities.
- Brainstorm with fellow children’s department team members to create awesome programs, collections, and services.
- Work Saturdays.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited university.
- Previous experience working with children and/or the general public.
- Enjoy reading as a leisure time activity.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
Send completed application form to:
Karen Stanley, email@example.com or fax to (409) 763 – 0275.