All applicants must complete and sign a Rosenberg Library Application for Employment which can be accessed from the Application links below. Application must be submitted online.
Salary Range: $40 – 45K per year
Terms of Employment: Full Time
Date Available: January 2, 2018
This position reports to the Adult Services Manager and is responsible for providing reference and readers’ advisory services, assisting with the selection of materials, and planning and promoting programs for adults as a member of the Adult Services Department team.
- Provides accurate, prompt, and welcoming reference and readers’ advisory services. Assists patrons in use of photocopier, library catalog, databases, and other technologies such as tablets and smartphones.
- Plans ongoing and one-off programs for adult patrons. This includes planning and promotion efforts as well as efficient cooperation with library staff, volunteers, and speakers or performers from outside organizations. Assists with planning of city-wide book club (Galveston Reads). Adult Services Librarian will be responsible for improving or changing existing programs as needed.
- Assists with publicity and promotion of library events, includes creating engaging social media postings and writing press releases.
- Represents the library to other community organizations and groups. Cultivates relationships within the community in order to promote and expand library services. Assists in Extension Services as needed.
- Maintains assigned collection, including weeding, ordering, and display of materials. Also maintains and curates multiple displays, including topical, seasonal, and popular book displays. Assists in Acquisitions as needed.
- Assists with periodicals management, analyzes use, makes selection recommendations, and recommends subscription cancellations.
- In consultation with supervisors, actively participates in the planning and execution of personal, departmental, and library-wide goals and objectives.
- Accurately records and secures payments for some library fees and services. Balances cash drawer on a weekly basis.
- Fairly and courteously enforces library policies regarding personal conduct, material and technology use, interlibrary loans, and other services.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited university.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of personal computer equipment and standard Microsoft Office software.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills. Ability to work effectively with a diverse patron population.
- Experience with any standard library ILS and OPAC systems, preferably SirsiDynix Horizon.
- Experience with planning and promoting community programs or events.
- Two or more years of experience working a public library or similar setting.
- Experience with RFID equipment and collection management tools.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
Please submit completed application form, resume, and cover letter to:
Jesús Moya, Adult Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org