Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
All categories include the following limits:
|Adults: total of 30 items
Young Adults: total of 15 items
Non-fiction – No Limit
15 DVDs (2 weeks)
5 Audio Books
5 New Books (2 weeks)
|Children: total of 15 items
Non-fiction – No Limit
Temporary Card Patron with picture ID: total of 2 items.
Teacher Extended Loan:
All library materials, except for 2 weeks books, may be checked out for a period of six weeks. Teacher Extended Loan is a service extended primarily to local school teachers and, at the discretion of the department head, to other patrons planning extended stays on vacation. Teachers must show proof of their employment. Only books that are to be used as instructional aides in some manner qualify as extended loan items.
The Library can accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
To avoid incurring fines, provide the Library with an email address. (Contact Circulation at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 111.) As a courtesy, the Library will send out an email notification prior to the item(s) due date.
Lost Items – Refunds:
No refunds will be issued for materials returned more than four months after the due date.
Loss of Borrowing Privileges:
Rosenberg Library patrons are also eligible to apply for a TexShare Library card. A TexShare card grants the cardholder borrowing privileges at all 400+ TexShare libraries across the state. TexShare cards are issued for a period of twelve months. To qualify for this card, patrons must meet the following criteria: must be a member of the Rosenberg Library for at least six months and be in good standing with the Library.
1. Click the “Log In” icon:
2. Enter your library card identification number (without spaces) and click the “Log In” button:
3. Click on the “Checkouts” tab to view the items you have borrowed from the library:
4. Check the box next to any item that you wish to renew (limitations apply). Then click the Renew button:
5. If the item is not renewable, a message to that effect will appear. Otherwise, you will be assigned a new due date for your renewed items:
That’s all there is to it!
1. Library card number of the account the items are checked out to MUST be supplied. To protect patron confidentiality and prevent errors, staff are unable to access accounts by name. Children and spouse accounts can be renewed, but the correct card number must be supplied.
2. All eligible items on the account will be renewed.
3. Certain items cannot be renewed. These include:
a. Items with reserves.
b. Items on Teacher Cards.
c. Items which have been renewed twice.
4. Telephone renewal can be completed during regular Library hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. or Friday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 111 or 120.
Live Chat with a Librarian – Hours of service: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
You can now “chat” with a librarian in real time using our chat service by clicking the bubble below.
Phone the Library at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 115 any time during regular library hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Send your reference questions via email to a reference librarian. Questions will be answered in the order in which they are received and as soon as possible (generally within three working days – Monday through Saturday). If we cannot quickly answer your question, we will let you know.
If you have a mail service set up on your computer, simply click the link above. From Hotmail, Yahoo, or similar internet email program, copy and paste the address Reference@rosenberg-library.org into your email message “To” line, and type “Reference Question” in the subject line. Please include the following in your message:
1. Your first name
2. Your city and state of residence
3. Your question