On the 3rd Floor
Contact the Adult Computer Lab
Telephone: (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 130 Fax: (409) 763 – 1064
Computer Lab Information Desk
Monday – Thursday, 9:30 am – 8:45 pm
Friday – Saturday, 9:30 am – 5:45 pm
Three dual-computer stations afford a parent with a small child to be seated together at a distance from the main lab.
Three special workstations offer document scanning in a semi-private setting for special projects. One of these workstations is situated on an electronic height adjustable table for patrons who either cannot or prefer not to sit.
Three Study Stations provide computers with Windows 10 OS and I5 core processors, as well as 24″ touchscreen monitors and larger table desktop spaces to allow patrons the ability to spread out books and documents while doing work on the computer.
Three Laptop Stations, arranged in a similar fashion to the Study Stations, include an additional monitor, keyboard and mouse, and video connections for patrons who bring their own laptops and devices wanting to utilize a dual-screen experience.
Use of the Lab is free, subject to the Computer Use Policy. Both black & white and color printing is available for a small cash fee ($0.10 per page b&w; $0.50 per page color).
Faxing capabilities are also offered on the 3rd Floor. The cost to send faxes is $1.00 per page. The cost to receive a fax is $2.00 for up to 20 pages.
Scanning capabilities to an email or flash drive are free and highly encouraged.
- Computer use is free, limited to 3 hours per day per patron ages 7 and older with a Library or computer card, and 1.5 hours per day for patrons with a visitor’s pass. Extended time may be requested if needed for special projects. Ask at the Computer Lab Information Desk.
- Printing is available for a nominal fee.
- Pornographic sites are strictly forbidden.
- Please remember this is a library: speak quietly, and do your visiting outside.
- No food or drink is permitted in the Lab areas.
- No telephone use is permitted except as absolutely necessary, e.g. to complete online business transactions.
- Small children may not be left unattended and must be quiet. There are touch-screen computers in the Children’s Department on the 1st Floor specifically for young children.
- Basic Computer Skills Course informational brochure: Basic Computer Skills brochure
- Resumé Building Course informational brochure: Resumé Building brochure
- 3D Design Course informational brochure: 3D Design brochure
- Internet Access Course informational brochure: Internet Access brochure
- Microsoft Office Course informational brochure: Microsoft Office brochure
- Rosenberg Library Online Course informational brochure: Rosenberg Library Online brochure
For more information and to register for classes, contact the Computer Lab at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 130.
To register for a 3D printing appointment, contact the Computer Lab at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 130.
Poster Printing informational brochure: Poster Printing brochure