Meeting Rooms & Spaces
Meeting rooms on the 3rd Floor close at 8:30 pm, Monday through Thursday.
Meeting rooms on the 4th Floor close at 6:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.
Seating capacity: 12
The Board Room is a small meeting room adjacent to the Administration offices on the 4th floor. It has a table with recommended seating for 10, but may accommodate up to 14. A large screen TV and an Internet accessible computer is available for presentations.
Seating capacity: 120
The Fox Room is located on the 4th floor of the historic Rosenberg Wing and has a seating capacity of 120. *Please provide details for setting up the space for your meeting: arrangement and number of tables and chairs.
Seating capacity: 12
The Morgan Room is an intimate meeting space located on the 4th floor of the historic Rosenberg Wing. It has a table with recommended seating for 8, but may accommodate up to 12 people.
Seating capacity: 20
The Media Room is located on the 3rd floor. Adjacent to the Adult Computer Lab, it provides a relaxed, informal space with comfortable seating for groups to collaborate on computer related projects. Furniture configuration can also provide a classroom setting for instruction or presentation. (Instructors are not provided.) Eight laptop computers are available with Windows 10 operating system and high-speed Internet. *Please note: food and drinks are not allowed in the Media Room.
Seating capacity: 24
The McCullough Room, located on the 2nd floor, is equipped with a large conference table that seats up to 24. A large, 50″ flat screen monitor with an Internet accessible computer is available for presentations.
Seating capacity: 16
The Randall Room is located on the 1st floor with tables and chairs that can be arranged to provide comfortable seating for 12 – 16. Wide screen monitor with computer and Internet access available for presentations. Features a side room coffee bar.
Seating capacity: 50
The Sealy Pavilion has a seating capacity of about 50. The Plaza area can accommodate a much larger gathering. (See Reservation Policy.) Use of the Pavilion and Plaza require submission of a signed contract (please print, fill out, and sign the contract and submit it to the Administration offices).
For specific questions, call the Administration offices at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 121.
Seating capacity: 120
The Wortham Auditorium is located on the 1st floor and has a maximum capacity of 120 chairs. This room meets ADA requirements with a motorized wheel chair lift. It also has a high tech sound system, CD player, iPod docking station, wireless & wired microphones, video projection system with computer connections, motorized projection screen with 159″ viewable picture, and serving counter in the room. *Please provide details for setting up the space for your meeting: arrangement and number of tables and chairs.
In order to proceed to the reservation page, you must agree to these rules by clicking the “I Agree”
button at the end.
- Meeting rooms may only be used for purposes which will not disrupt other services in the library.
- Voter education functions are permitted. Functions promoting a candidate are not permitted.
- Meeting room reservations must be made at least two business days prior to the date of the meeting.
- In general, meeting rooms are for use by groups and may only be reserved for limited individual use under special circumstances.
- Before receiving permission to use the Library’s meeting facilities, the requesting organization or individual must complete an on-line reservation request to include review and acceptance of the Library’s meeting room policies, the organization’s or individual’s name, purpose, contact information, and for-profit or non-profit status.
- Groups using the Library’s meeting rooms may not use advertising and publicity which imply that their program is sponsored, co-sponsored, or approved by the Library, unless written authorization to do so has been previously given by the Executive Director.
- No unlawful, hazardous, or dangerous activities may be conducted in the Library meeting rooms.
- Organizations may serve cookies and similar finger foods, not requiring the use of the Library’s equipment, without incurring extra charges. Open food and drink containers may not be carried to and from meeting rooms.
- Organizations are responsible for cleaning up afterwards and must leave the meeting room in the same condition in which they found it.
- Beverages or foods which may stain the carpeting, such as red punch, may not be served in the Library.
- The Library’s kitchen facilities may not be used for preparation of food or beverages by outside organizations or individuals.
- No admission fee may be charged for any meeting held at the Library.
- Groups or individuals using the meeting rooms assume full financial responsibility for damage to Library property which occurs in connection with their use of Library facilities.
- The Library’s meeting rooms are not available prior to opening time at 9:00 am.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel any reservation with prior notice to meet special Library programming and internal operations requirements.
- The Library is closed on Sundays and meeting rooms may not be reserved on this day of the week.
- The Library reserves the right to limit meeting room reservations for a non-profit group in cases where the number and/or nature of the reservations require unusual amounts of staff time and/or to allow fair access to meeting facilities by other community groups.
Galveston County non-profit organizations and author book signings generally will not be charged for use of the meeting room facilities during regular library hours. However, if an organization’s or individual’s use of the facilities causes the library unusual expenses or demands on staff time, the user will be required to reimburse the Library for those expenses.
For-profit organizations or individuals reserving the room for an event DURING library hours:
Security Deposit: A $500 credit card security deposit is required when the meeting room reservation is approved. Groups or individuals using the meeting rooms assume full financial responsibility for damage to library property which occurs in connection with their use of library facilities. Refund of the security deposit will be made within 7 business days of the scheduled meeting provided that there is no damage to library property or clean-up of the room. A $75 fee will be deducted from the security deposit for no shows or meetings that are cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the meeting time.
Use fee (during library hours) for the Morgan Room, McCullough Room, Board Room or Randall Room: $35 per hour
Use fee (during library hours) for the Fox Room, Harris Gallery or Wortham Auditorium: Monday – Thursday $250 for 3 hours; Friday – Saturday $400 for 3 hours
The following applies to non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations or individuals reserving meeting room facilities AFTER library hours (please note that only the following meeting rooms may be reserved for after hours use: Fox Room, Harris Gallery, and Wortham Auditorium).
Security Deposit: A $500 credit card security deposit is required when the meeting room reservation is approved. Groups or individuals using the meeting rooms assume full financial responsibility for damage to library property which occurs in connection with their use of library facilities. Refund of the security deposit will be made within 7 business days of the scheduled meeting provided that there is no damage to library property or clean-up of the room. A $250 fee will be deducted from the security deposit for meetings that are cancelled less than two business days prior to the meeting time. A fee of $450 will be charged for no shows. In order to avoid the no show fee, cancellations must be made in person in the library business office no later than 1:00 p.m. on the day of the reservation. Saturday reservation cancellation may be made at the adult reference desk no later than 1:00 p.m. on the day of the reservation.
Use fee (after library hours): Monday – Thursday $300.00 for up to 2 hours; Friday – Saturday $600.00 for up to 3 hours. Hourly incremental charges will apply for usage of the facilities over 3 hours.
Building Security: An additional fee of $________ is required to provide security for use of the Harris Gallery, Wortham Auditorium or Randall Room after regular hours of operation. The security fee for use of the Fox Room after hours is $________ due to the additional area which must be monitored. Use of meeting rooms after regular hours of operation is limited to 6:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Other Use Fees:
- Other fees may also be incurred, depending on usage.
- Out of County For-Profit organizations are charged a flat-rate of $250.00 per hour for use of the Library’s meeting rooms plus applicable after hour and usage fees.
- If preparations for a meeting involve an unusual amount of Library personnel time, the organization will be asked to reimburse the Library for the actual costs incurred. Groups making more than twelve meeting room reservation changes per year may also incur extra charges.
- Non-profit organizations will be charged a $25.00 meeting room fee for no shows during regular hours of operation, plus any other applicable fees such as coffee and or special services. Non-profit meeting room reservations that are cancelled less than twenty-four hours in advance of a scheduled reservation will be charged $15.00 plus other applicable fees. Reservations must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance. No additional reservations will be approved until the non-cancellation fee has been paid. More than two no shows during any twelve month period will result in a loss of Library meeting room privileges.
- Coffee may be requested for a fee of $1.00 per person for small groups of less than 25 which meet regularly at the Library. Coffee arrangements must be made and paid for in advance.
- 43″ Mobile A/V Unit
- Conference Telephone (Board Room, Morgan Room, & McCullough Room only)
- Easel and Paper pad (Markers not provided)
- Handheld Wireless Microphone
- Laptop Computer
- PA System (Please reserve in advance)
- Projection Screen
- TV Monitor with Computer
- Wireless Lapel Microphone (A)
- Wireless Lapel Microphone (B)
- Wireless Mouse & Keyboard
- Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer
Groups or individuals wishing to serve catered and/or heated food at a meeting must provide written proof to the Library’s business office at least three business days prior to the meeting of an in force residential/homeowner’s and/or commercial liability policy in the amount of $300,000 or more. In lieu of an in force residential/homeowner’s and/or commercial liability policy, a valid special event insurance policy in the amount of $300,000 or more may be provided to the Library’s business office.
Groups or individuals wishing to serve alcoholic beverages on Library property must provide to the Library’s business office at least three business days prior to the meeting written proof of in force residential/homeowner’s and/or commercial liability policy with a liquor liability rider in the amount of $300,000 or more. In lieu of an in force residential/homeowner’s and/or commercial liability policy, a valid special event insurance policy with a liquor liability rider in the amount of $300,000 or more may be presented to the Library’s business office. Groups or individuals using the meeting rooms shall not serve alcoholic beverages to any person under the age of 21 under any circumstances.
Groups or individuals using the meeting rooms are expressly prohibited from selling alcoholic beverages or spirits unless the Rosenberg Library business office is furnished with all applicable permits required for such sales by the City of Galveston and the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, as well as a certificate of insurance showing that liquor liability has been secured for the event. Groups or individuals using the meeting rooms shall not serve alcoholic beverages to any person under the age of 21 under any circumstances. Groups or individuals using the meeting rooms shall make arrangements for the issuance of any required licenses or permits at its sole cost and expenses. Any violations of this provision shall result in an automatic forfeiture of the security deposit and any other amounts paid hereunder. The Rosenberg Library expressly reserves the right to end the scheduled event if it is not compliant with this section.
If the entity renting the Library’s meeting rooms is in the business of selling, serving, making, or providing liquor then liability in the amount of $1M must be provided.