Extension & Outreach
Home Delivery Services
Rosenberg Library's Extension Services provide community outreach programs to Galveston area residents. Extension Services offers Books-by-Mail for the homebound and various county institutions, and the Extension Services van provides services to other Galveston County libraries, nursing facilities, hospitals, and adult and senior community centers.
City of Galveston Residents only
Are you homebound due to age or medical condition?
Do you love to read but are no longer able to commute to the library?
Rosenberg Library can bring the library to your door.
What is Home Delivery Service?
Home delivery is a convenient service that supplies books, large print books, and audio books to people who are unable to use the library due to temporary or long-term physical and medical disabilities. For Galveston Island residents, an Extension Services staff member will deliver books to your home and pick them up on scheduled days. For Galveston County residents on the mainland, materials are delivered and returned via U.S. Mail.
Who May Receive This Service?
Galveston County residents that are homebound seniors, children and other adults who are unable to use the library due to temporary or long-term physical disabilities may use the service. For those with medical conditions, doctor verification may be required.
How Do I Apply?
If you would like homebound delivery services, please contact Extension Services by phone: (409) 763-8854 x136, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interlibrary loan is the process by which a library requests materials from, or supplies materials to, another library. The purpose of interlibrary loan is to obtain materials not available at the Rosenberg Library.
The Rosenberg Library is a member of the Texas Resource Sharing Program. Library patrons can place interlibrary loan requests through the OCLC WorldCat Texas Group Catalog
which routes requests to local libraries first.
An interlibrary loan is a courtesy on the part of the lending library--please handle the interlibrary loan item with care so that it may be returned in the shape it was received.
For assistance, phone the interlibrary loan librarian at (409) 763-8854 x 118, or email ILL@rosenberg-library.org
The following policies apply:
The following items may be difficult to obtain through Interlibrary Loan:
- A maximum of 2 interlibrary loan (ILL) requests per cardholder may be submitted at a time. Items must be returned to the Reference Desk.
- Patrons requesting an interlibrary loan must use their own library card. It is NOT permissible to use another person's library card.
- Average receipt of ILL items is 10 business days. Though we try our best, no request is guaranteed. Other options can be discussed if the material is essential.
- Due dates are set by the lending library before we receive the item, not when the cardholder picks up the item from Rosenberg Library. In order to renew an ILL, contact the reference desk seven days prior to the due date. If the renewal is approved, the patron will be notified of the new due date. When calling to renew, please state that you are trying to renew an interlibrary loan.
- Loss of ILL privileges may occur if interlibrary loan items are damaged or lost and items are not paid in full.
- Patrons with a fine of $5 or more cannot use Interlibrary Loan. A fine of $1 per day will be applied to all late ILLs, up to $5.
- Patrons with a temporary card may not use Interlibrary Loan.
- Damaged/Lost item fees are determined by the lending library. Rosenberg Library will add a $5.00 processing fee to the lender’s fee.
The following may not be requested through Interlibrary Loan:
- Books that are the subject of a new film
- Audiovisual materials
- Genealogical research materials
Top of Page
- Materials owned by Rosenberg Library (unless overdue for 4 weeks)
- Current bestsellers and items published within 1 year
- Rare Books, reference books or magazines (except copies of specific pages)
- DVDs, videos and music