All applicants must complete and sign a Rosenberg Library Application for Employment which can be accessed from the Application links below. Application must be submitted online.
Minimum Qualifications: High school graduate or equivalent. Candidate must be able to understand and act on written and oral instructions in English. The candidate should possess a basic knowledge of cleaning chemicals and methods and must be physically fit enough to operate necessary cleaning equipment including vacuums, carpet extractors, and floor equipment. The candidate must be agile enough to bend to reach low shelves and to climb a ladder, and strong enough to lift loads of up to forty pounds. The candidate must be dependable and punctual.
- Replenishes supplies, cleans and sanitizes restrooms using established practices and procedures.
- Cleans, dusts, and wipes building surfaces including furniture, windows, vents, tables, benches and walls; sweeps, mops, or vacuums floors; empties/cleans wastebaskets and trash containers maintaining separation of recyclable items for pick-up; replaces light bulbs; strips, cleans, buffs and applies floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuums and cleans carpeting; cares for indoor plants, strictly follows instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies; operates a variety of custodial and maintenance equipment tools; safely operates vehicles and other equipment in the performance of assigned duties.
- Provides facilities support and maintenance services for meetings, receptions, Friends book sale operations and special functions including monitoring the schedule, safe food handling procedures and assisting with the operation of equipment.
- Opens and unlocks the building in the morning and properly secures the building in the evening including locking all doors, turning off lighting and equipment, verifying that all patrons and staff have left the building, and arming the security system.
- Promptly reports building and equipment problems, malfunctions, thefts, sanitary hazards, suspicious behavior, unsafe conditions and problems with visitors and staff. Takes appropriate corrective action to ensure building safety and theft prevention. Observes safe working habits and practices.
- Monitors building and grounds to prevent violations of library’s personal conduct policy; monitors and promptly responds to radio security calls from staff; contacts local police as necessary. Asks visitors in violation of library policies to leave building and grounds; contacts the police if necessary. Ensures security of building and grounds during assigned times; lowers flags; locks and unlocks doors and gates.
- Performs light ground maintenance duties including trash, debris and plant material removal.
- Checks and promptly reports any problems with exterior building systems i.e. parking lot lights and sprinkler system.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs minor interior building maintenance such as painting, replacement of faucet washers, minor carpentry and mechanical tasks.
- Provides support services for staff, Friends volunteers and patrons as needed; unloads and stacks books, moves furniture and takes materials to recycle and trash bins, runs errands, performs other related tasks as assigned.
|Apply at Action Personnel, Inc.
Galveston, TX 77550
Call (409) 762 – 0387.
|Apply at Express Employment Professionals
600 Gulf Freeway, Suite 101
Texas City, TX 77591
Call (409) 935 – 9990.