Pay Rate: $13.00 per hour
Terms of Employment: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Date Available: Immediately
Rosenberg Library seeks a friendly, helpful Computer Lab Assistant to be a part of the Computer Services Department to monitor the Public Computer Lab and its patrons by providing assistance and excellent customer service. The ideal candidate must have good instructional skills; organizational skills; a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and general computer skills; cashier skills and be flexible in terms of job assignments. The Computer Lab Assistant will:
- Serve as help desk attendant for patron assistance by monitoring the Public Computer Lab.
- Serve as help desk attendant for patron assistance by answering telephone calls to the Public Computer Lab.
- Monitor the Public Computer Lab for patrons that need assistance with, but not limited to, navigating the Internet, printing, faxing, and scanning/emailing tasks.
- Monitor computer usage and enforce lab policies in a kind, professional manner.
- Monitor, maintain, and clean all computers, printers, and related equipment.
- Collect and record Public Computer Lab printing fees and release print jobs.
- Collect and record Public Computer Lab fax jobs, large format printing, 3D printing, and laser cutting jobs.
- Record statistics related to lab usage and patron requests for assistance in both the lab and by telephone.
- Troubleshoot and immediately report any malfunctioning Public Computer Lab equipment to the Desktop Support Engineer.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED, basic knowledge of and experience working with and teaching on Windows based computers and software, ability to work with the public, Internet skills, ability to count monies and operate a cash register. Spanish language skills are highly desirable.
1718 North Amburn Road, Suite A
Texas City, TX 77592
Call (409) 935 – 0111.
600 Gulf Freeway, Suite 101
Texas City, TX 77591
Call (409) 935 – 9990.