All applicants must complete and sign a Rosenberg Library Application for Employment which can be accessed from the Application links below. Application must be submitted online.
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour
Terms of Employment: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Date Available: Immediately
Rosenberg Library seeks a friendly, helpful Computer Lab Assistant to be a part of the Computer Services Department to teach basic and advanced computer skills courses and provide excellent customer service. The ideal candidate must have good instructional skills, organizational skills, a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and general computer skills; cashier skills, and be flexible in terms of job assignments. The Computer Lab Assistant will:
- Teach basic computer skills classes for library patrons, including how to set up an internet email account, how to use search engines, and basic internet browsing.
- Teach advanced computer skills classes for library patrons, including detailed instruction to Microsoft Word and how to format a résumé.
- Assists IT Systems Coordinator to manage the Library’s Public Computer Lab. Monitors, maintains and cleans all computers, printers, and related equipment.
- Troubleshoots and immediately reports any malfunctioning Computer Lab equipment to the Desktop Support Engineer.
- Monitors patron usage, enforces lab policies, and serves as helpdesk attendant for patron assistance in the Computer Lab.
- Serves as helpdesk attendant for patron assistance by phone calls to the Computer Lab.
- Collects and records Computer Lab printing fees and releases print jobs.
- Collects and records Computer Lab large format printing, 3D printing, and fax jobs.
- Records statistics on lab usage and patron requests for help both in the lab and by phone.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED, basic knowledge of and experience working with and teaching on Windows based computers and software, ability to work with the public, internet skills, ability to count monies and operate a cash register. Spanish language skills are highly desirable.
Galveston, TX 77550
Call (409) 762 – 0387.
600 Gulf Freeway, Suite 101
Texas City, TX 77591
Call (409) 935 – 9990.