Pay Rate: $65,000 – $80,000 annually DOQ
Terms of Employment: Full time (40 hours/week)
Date Available: September 1, 2021
The Rosenberg Library in Galveston, Texas seeks a creative and innovative Librarian to manage and lead teams providing quality customer service for the following library functions: circulation, acquisitions and cataloging, and e-resources. The Customer Experience Manager provides strategy for circulation of materials – including increasing print & digital circulation, creating customer focused and friendly policies, increasing and retaining cardholders, and overall process improvement. This position will be supervising teams in both Circulation and Collections & Cataloging.
Duties of this position include, but not limited to, the following:
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the Customer Experience Department by formulating goals, plans, procedures, priorities, and schedules.
- Evaluates vendor services on an ongoing basis as they relate to technical and acquisitions services.
- Serves as database administrator for integrated library system.
- Manages all aspects of library acquisitions, utilizes vendor software to do electronic ordering.
- Serves as e-services manager, oversees collections of e-books and other digital items within the library’s electronic collections.
A copy of the full job description and duties/functions is available upon request. Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited university, plus five (5) years as a professional librarian, two (2) years of which as a lead or supervisor.
- Experience in cataloging and acquisitions.
- Experience managing Sirsi/Dynix or equivalent ILS.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze managerial problems, make recommendations, and take appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
How to Apply
Please submit the following application materials to Library Administration by email at email@example.com. Applications are due by September 1, 2021.
- Rosenberg Library Employment Application (required). See below under the “Fillable Application” tab.
- Cover letter
About the Rosenberg Library
The historic Rosenberg Library is the oldest public library in Texas in continuous operation. Governed by a board of trustees, the Rosenberg Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which provides free public library service to all Galvestonians. The Library offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, an employer-sponsored 401K, 15 vacation days (increases to 20 days after three years), 10 paid holidays, and 12 sick days per year.
The Rosenberg Library is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
About Galveston Island
Imagine riding your bike or walking to work! Short commutes along the seawall and through beautiful historic neighborhoods are just one advantage of life on Galveston Island. A small city of about 50,000 residents, Galveston has all the amenities of a big city without the traffic. Galvestonians enjoy access to world-class healthcare, cultural institutions, education, and outdoor recreation in a historic seaside setting. You won’t have to leave the island, but if you do, Houston is less than an hour’s drive away. Learn more about island life at https://www.galveston.com/.