Our Library Catalog allows you to search through our physical and digital collections in one place! Utilize the search filters and you’ll be able to quickly narrow down and determine if your item is on the shelf today.
To search for a book (or CD, DVD, Object, etc.):
- Locate the “Search the Library Catalog” search box and type in the title or author.
- Let’s say we’re looking for “The Shining” by Stephen King, we can type “The Shining” in the “Search the Library Catalog” box.
- The search results will bring back over 1,000 items! We need to narrow it down.
- On the left-hand side of the search results, use the provided filters to narrow it down to “Books” under format. Click the box next to “Books” and then click on “Include” at the top of the box. At this point, you can also narrow down your results by other formats, Year of Publication, Language, Collection, Subject, etc.
- The resulting search results page should have “The Shining” by Stephen King at the top of the page. Click on the title.
- The title page will give you a variety of information, including how many copies are available, the item call number, the ability for you to place the item on hold for yourself, or email/text the title page to yourself.
- If we do not own the item in question in our collection, please feel free to request the item through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) program or ask for the library to consider adding the item to our collection. ILL is your best bet if you need the item in the next couple of weeks.