The Rosenberg Library is pleased to announce Isle Connect, a program that aims to close the digital divide by providing free Chromebooks and up to one year worth of free internet to Galveston County individuals and families who do not have a computer and/or internet access at home.
This program is facilitated in partnership with Compudopt, T-Mobile, and OmniPro.
I’M INTERESTED. HOW DO I START?
- Are Residents of Galveston County
- Have a Rosenberg Library card
- Either do not have internet access at home, or only have internet access through their cellular phone
Apply online or visit any of the library desks.
Selected recipients will be chosen through a lottery system and notified by the end of October. Compudopt will provide a list of times and locations where recipients can pick up their devices. Devices will be available between November and December.
NEED HELP GETTING A LIBRARY CARD?
Need help getting a library card? If you do not have documentation to sign up for a library card, please contact us. We are always here to help you with the process. Talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 409.763.8854 Ext. 111 or in person at the 1st floor circulation desk.
Isle Connect participants will be notified by Compudopt to select one of the following dates.
Must be registered before arriving.
- Dec. 1, 4 – 6 PM @ Rosenberg Library (Sealy lot)
- Dec. 3, 1 – 3 PM @ Island Community Center
- Dec. 8, 4 – 6 PM @ Moody Methodist
- Dec. 10, 1 – 3 PM @ Weis MS