The June 1, 2020 phased reopening of the Rosenberg Library sees the return of patrons to the library since temporarily closing due to the pandemic. This reopening is primarily influenced by safety and the need for the library to fulfill its mission to the community.
In attempts to limit the spread of Covid-19, the Library has developed a process to allow patrons back into the building:
- All patrons and staff must wear face masks in the Library, and practice social distancing – a minimum of 6-feet. Hand sanitizer is available and encouraged to be used before and after visits.
- Library hours are 9:00 am to 5:45 pm, Monday through Saturday. Patrons are limited to one (1) hour per day, with a capacity of forty (40) patrons in the building at one time.
- Patrons visiting Adult Services (books, DVDs, music) or Computer Services (public computer use) are strongly encouraged to use the 23rd Street (east) Entrance to minimize congestion on the 1st floor.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to use self-checkout machines at the end of their library visit.
Services available to patrons during this first phased reopening include:
- The Circulation department can assist patrons with expired or lost library cards and issue new cards on the 1st floor. The Circulation department can be reached at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 111
- Reader’s advisory services are available at Adult and Children’s Services desks.
- Books, DVDs, Audiobooks, and CDs are available for checkout.
- Public computers can be used via reservation. Please call (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 130 or click here to reserve a computer, or speak with staff on the 3rd floor at the help desk.
- The Galveston and Texas History Center will be available by appointment: (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 126 or firstname.lastname@example.org