Meeting Room Advisory
The Rosenberg Library is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of visitors and staff. The Rosenberg Library’s meeting rooms will operate using the following in effect until further notice:
- Masks are no longer required for fully vaccinated individuals. Masks and social distancing are still strongly encouraged within the library.
- For your convenience, hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the library
- For your safety, meeting rooms will be limited in capacity
- Out-of-county non-profit reservation requests will not be accepted at this time
- Meeting rooms will be sanitized, which may limit reservation availability
- No additional tables will be provided
- The library cannot provide coffee, ice, or other beverages at this time
- Patrons using meeting rooms are permitted to bring their own food and beverages, as long as the meeting room policies regarding food and drinks are observed (see meeting room policies)
- Meeting room hours are Monday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Wednesday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Meeting room reservations can be made 24/7 at https://rosenberg-library.org/services/meeting-rooms/
The Friends’ Bookshop on the 2nd floor is now open! Become a Friends’ Member to be notified of sales and specials.
The phased reopening of the Rosenberg Library sees the return of patrons to the library since temporarily closing due to the pandemic. This reopening is primarily influenced by safety and the need for the library to fulfill its mission to the community.
In attempts to limit the spread of Covid-19, the Library has developed a process to allow patrons back into the building:
- All patrons are strongly encouraged to continue wearing masks and practicing social distancing in the library, though masks are optional for fully vaccinated individuals. Please note that many of our visitors are under the age of twelve (12) and not able to receive the vaccine. Hand sanitizer is available and its use is encouraged before and after visits.
- Library hours are Monday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.; Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. – 8:45 p.m.; Wednesday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. Seating is limited throughout the building. Patrons are asked to limit their visits to two (2) hours or less so that others may also enjoy the library.
- Patrons visiting Adult Services (books, DVDs, music) or Computer Services (public computer use) are strongly encouraged to use the 23rd Street (east) Entrance to minimize congestion on the 1st floor.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to use self-checkout machines at the end of their library visit.
Services available to patrons during this phased reopening include:
- The Circulation department can assist patrons with expired or lost library cards and issue new cards on the 1st floor. The Circulation department can be reached at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 111
- Reader’s advisory services are available at Adult and Children’s Services desks.
- Books, DVDs, Audiobooks, and CDs are available for checkout.
- Public computers can be used via reservation Monday, 9:30 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.; Tuesday, 9:30 a.m. – 8:45 p.m.; Wednesday – Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. Please call (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 130, or click here to reserve a computer, or speak with staff on the 3rd floor at the help desk.
- The Galveston and Texas History Center is available by appointment: (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 126 or email@example.com.
- The Rosenberg Library provides a variety of digital content available online to be streamed or downloaded to your device. Content includes movies, e-books, audio books, music, and database access all available at no cost with your library card.