On the 3rd Floor
Contact the Computer Lab
Telephone: (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 130 Fax: (409) 763 – 1064
Email the Computer Lab Information Desk
Monday – Thursday, 9:30 am – 8:45 pm
Friday – Saturday, 9:30 am – 5:45 pm
The main lab consists of 38 Dell PCs with large capacity hard drives and flat-screen monitors in a public setting. Computers run Windows 10 Operating System and are connected to high speed Internet. Software includes Microsoft Office Suite 2013. Wireless access is available for patrons with their own laptops and devices.
Three special workstations offer document scanning in a semi-private setting for special projects. One of these workstations is situated on an electronic height adjustable table for patrons who either cannot or prefer not to sit.
Three Study Stations provide computers with Windows 10 OS and I5 core processors, as well as 24″ touchscreen monitors and larger table desktop spaces to allow patrons the ability to spread out books and documents while doing work on the computer.
Three Laptop Stations, arranged in a similar fashion to the Study Stations, include an additional monitor, keyboard and mouse, and video connections for patrons who bring their own laptops and devices wanting to utilize a dual-screen experience.
Use of the Lab is free, subject to the Computer Use Policy. Both black & white and color printing is available for a small cash fee ($0.10 per page b&w; $0.50 per page color).
Faxing capabilities are also offered on the 3rd Floor. The cost to send faxes is $1.00 per page. The cost to receive a fax is $2.00 for up to 20 pages.
Scanning capabilities to an email or flash drive are free and highly encouraged.
Computer Use Policy
- Computer use is free.
- Computer time is unlimited so long as no one is waiting for a computer.
- Printing is cash only.
- Patrons 7 years or older may use a computer; those under 7 must be accompanied by a guardian at least 12 years of age.
- Food and drink is prohibited in the Lab.
- Personal calls are prohibited; please silence your phone during your visit.
- Please speak quietly and do your visiting elsewhere.
- Unattended computers will automatically log off after 15 minutes of inactivitiy.
- ALL PERSONAL DATA IS ERASED FROM THE COMPUTER AFTER LOGGING OFF – LOST DATA CANNOT BE RETRIEVED.
- Pornographic sites or materials are strictly prohibited.
Free classes are offered in varying topics and skill level requirements. Topics include how to access and search the Internet, an overview of the Microsoft Office Suite, and what’s available to you online on our website.
- Basic Computer Skills Course informational brochure: Basic Computer Skills brochure
- Resumé Building Course informational brochure: Resumé Building brochure
- 3D Design Course informational brochure: 3D Design brochure
- Internet Access Course informational brochure: Internet Access brochure
- Microsoft Office Course informational brochure: Microsoft Office brochure
- Rosenberg Library Online Course informational brochure: Rosenberg Library Online brochure
For more information and to register for classes, contact the Computer Lab at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 130.
3D prints must be brought ready for printing at time of appointment in .STL, .OBJ, or .3MF file formats.
3D Printing informational brochure: 3D Printing brochure
To register for a 3D printing appointment, contact the Computer Lab at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 130.
Bring a flash drive with your ready to print high resolution graphics and images, or use the Library’s Computer Lab to create your own poster.
Poster Printing informational brochure: Poster Printing brochure
To register for a poster printing appointment, contact the Computer Lab at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 130.
Bring a flash drive with your ready to print design.
Laser Cutting informational brochure: Laser Cutter brochure
To register for a laser cutting appointment, contact the Computer Lab at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 130.
Internet Access for Personal Devices
The Library has free wireless access throughout the building. Patrons may bring their own laptops and devices to the Library and connect to our wireless network: LabRLWireless-2.4GHz or LabRLWireless-5GHz.