The Adult & Reference Department also provides a wide variety of events and workshops for adults of all ages, including a monthly Book Club, an annual reading initiative called Galveston Reads, and ESL classes.
Reference Librarians handle ordering of materials in all formats for adults and teens.
They are on hand to help library patrons find what they are looking for, whether it be an ebook, reading recommendation, or help with research. Books and audiobooks not owned by the Rosenberg Library can be borrowed from another library, free of charge, through Interlibrary Loan.
Special needs equipment includes a text-to-speech machine and a low vision viewer for vision-impaired patrons.
The Extension Service delivers materials to home-bound and institutionalized patrons who are unable to get to a library. This is funded by the Galveston County Commissioners Court to serve all of Galveston County.
There is also a self-serve photocopy machine in the department.
Summer Reading Club 2020
Click here to login or register for the Summer Reading Club!
The Summer Reading Club challenges readers to read more this summer, to climb to new heights and topple giant goals!
- Register and record your time at Rosenberg.beanstack.org
- If your family participated in last summer’s reading club, you may use the same log-in information to sign up for this year’s challenge. If you’ve forgotten your password, e-mail password recovery is available on the Beanstack site.
- Just by registering, children through Grade 6 earn a free T-shirt
- Record at least ten (10) hours of reading to qualify for a trophy
- Once earned, you must contact the Children’s Department before August 14 to order the trophy.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 135
- Random prizes for readers in the Children’s Department reading challenge will be given with curbside pick-up of children’s books (beginning May 26) or in-library check-out (beginning June 1)
Good luck! As you Imagine Your Story this summer, together we’ll Keep Galveston Kids Reading.
Children’s Zoom Events
Join the Rosenberg Library Children’s department for reading fun all summer long! Choose the Zoom event you would like to attend from the list below to register. If you are having trouble or need help with registration, please call the Children’s department at (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 135.