Can’t find a book you’re looking for, or want to see us do some cool event or have a great idea? Contact our Teen Librarian, Dustan Archer, and he’ll take care of it! We also have resources you can use for homework and research projects, as well as books on rough subjects ranging from mental health concerns to addiction to gender identity and more.
Feel free to browse the collection anytime we’re open, or ask Dustan to help you find exactly what you’re looking for!
Are you a teen, or parent/guardian of one, that’s home bored and you miss hanging out with your friends? We have teen events online!
Come play Dungeons & Dragons and battle dragons, goblins, and more! In order to participate you will need to have a microphone, computer, and Internet access. We have campaigns on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:00 – 5:45 pm!
Contact Young Adult Librarian Dustan Archer to get access to the Discord server and participate in our online Teen events!
The Young Adult Library Leaders — Y.A.L.L.
The Young Adult Library Leaders — Y.A.L.L. for short — is the Library’s group for middle and high school students who want to help improve and promote teen services in the Library by helping develop and implement programs for young adults, enriching the young adult collection, and making the Library a teen-friendly environment.
- Input on teen-only events
- Customization of YA space and collections
- Fantastic addition to a resumé or college application
- Volunteer credit hours (cannot be used for court-ordered community service hours)
- Teens ages 13 – 18 years only
- Galveston County residents only
- Commitment to at least 8 out of 12 meetings per year
- Abide by the Rosenberg Library Standard of Conduct for YA Programs
WHEN: Generally the 1st Friday of every month at 4:30 PM (check our events & programs for updates)
WHERE: Randall Room (on the 1st floor)
Teens interested in joining, please contact Dustan Archer.
Search the Library
- Science Fiction
- Re-tellings of Fairy Tales, Plays, and Other Classics
- Mental Health, Hard Issues, and Difficult Topics
- LGBTQIA+ Non-Fiction
- LGBTQIA+ Fiction
- Horror, Paranormal, and the Supernatural
- Dystopian Fiction, Apocalyptic Events, and the Aftermath
- College to Grief to Self-Esteem: How to Adult, Life Lessons, and Growing Up
Contact the Teen/Young Adult Librarian
Telephone: (409) 763 – 8854 ext. 140
Email the Teen Department