Starts May 26
Read books and win prizes! Rosenberg Library’s Summer Reading programs give families of all ages the opportunity to read, earn prizes and participate in fun activities all summer long! With programs and prizes tailored for adults, teens, and children, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
I participated last year, how do I sign up again?
Use the same account as before to start logging your reading. Password recovery is possible via email.
I’m new, how do I sign up?
Visit us in person, or visit Rosenberg.beanstack.com and choose which reading program you want to sign up for. From there, create an account and track your reading hours.
Children’s Summer Reading Program
Kindergarten – 12 years old
The Children’s Summer Reading Program rewards school-age children from kindergarten through age 12 for reading, listening to, and logging in 600 minutes of reading between May 26 and August 12. Younger children around preschool and younger are encouraged to sign up for the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten reading initiative.
- Get a FREE t-shirt just for registering!
- For every hour of reading, children can pick a special prize from the mysterious “Prize Cave”!
- Complete the summer reading program by August 12 to win a trophy!
All prizes may be picked up at the Children’s Department. Prizes are available while supplies last and must be picked up no later than August 19.
This program is designed to be flexible, lighthearted and fun! For questions or assistance regarding the Children’s Summer Reading Program, email email@example.com or call 409.763.8854 Ext. 135.
View the latest Children’s events. | Children’s Summer PowerPoint
PLEASE NOTE: Rosenberg Library takes photos of program participants for promotional materials. Additionally, the Children’s department sends lists of summer program student participation to local schools. If you wish to be excluded from these practices, please contact Children’s Services Manager Karen Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teen Summer Reading Program
Ages 13 – 18 years old
The Teen Summer Reading Program rewards all young adults, ages 13 – 18, for reading and coming to library events all summer long! Program runs from May 26 – August 12.
- Get a FREE brand new book just for registering!
- For every 5 hours you read, receive scratch tickets to earn prizes like keychains, candy, dice, and more. You can also win digital raffle tickets for end-of-summer drawings!
- Complete the summer reading program with 50 logged hours of reading by August 12 to win another brand new book of your choice!
All prizes may be picked up at the 2nd floor Reference Desk. Prizes are available while supplies last and must be picked up no later than August 19.
For questions regarding the Teen Summer Reading Program, contact Dustan Archer at email@example.com or call 409.763.8854 Ext. 140.
Adult Summer Reading Program
18 years and older
The Adult Summer Reading program rewards adults ages 18 and older for completing reading challenges! Program runs from May 26 – August 12.
- Get a FREE Summer Reading bookmark just for registering!
- For every five hours of reading logged on Beanstack, earn a digital raffle ticket that you can put towards a $50 Galveston Bookshop gift card or an Amazon Kindle. Earn one extra raffle ticket by attending an adult program at the library each month. (Max one per month.)
- Starting every week between June 2 and August 4, users on Beanstack who have recorded any reading time will be randomly pulled to win a Galveston Restaurant Group gift card!
- Complete the program by August 12 to win a special Rosenberg Library book bag!
- Raffle winners will be contacted on Monday, August 14. If you win, respond within 24 hours to claim your prize.
Prizes are available while supplies last, and must be picked up no later than August 19.
For questions regarding the Adult Summer Reading Program, contact the Evelina Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.